Monday, September 3, 2018

Philosophy, Religion, Metaphysics, Occult

Gianna wants to be a doctor. She showed me a video on how they dissect a frog. I cannot be a doctor. Blood disturbs me. Why didn't she take medicine as her course? She probably wants to enjoy life as a student. That is fiddling between reporting and deejaying and modeling. Do you know how to kill a chicken? You gut its neck and swing the chicken wildly as the blood splatters all over. City girls... You know blood is tasty. You gut its neck okay and let the blood drip into a container. I'm a country boy. I admire working students. I have classmates in PLM working at Jollibee but i did not think it a good idea for me. I busied myself in watching television where I am the boss. Strangebrew makes my day. Debates such as Battle of the Brains and religious shows such as Ang Dating Daan, Iglesia Ni Cristo, El Shaddai, Jesus Miracle Crusade, Saint Peregrine, Apollo Quiboloy, Jesus Is Lord and host of others. They comfort people other times they protest. They protest against the Catholic Church, family, friends, relatives, communities, politics etc. Poverty in general. In this sense they are all Protestants because they protest against something. I never saw myself as a priest. I read a lot of books my father has bought. Chariot of the Gods by Erich Von Daniken. Mythology by Edith Hamilton. I am fond of Greek mythology. Hektor's baby son Astyanax has influenced the Filipino elemental being Tiyanak - a normal baby that transforms into a baby monster. It is confusing or probably ambiguous that locals side with the Trojans and the Greek. The difference in the faiths is that some believe in visual representation but some do not. My opinion is that some need representation but some do not. It transcends faith. There are Christians who believe in representations but some do not. It is probably time that Muslims provide representations because there are Muslims who need representations. I mean images of the Prophet Muhammad that would be their earthy connection with God.

Muhammad, shown with a veiled face and halo, at Mount Hira 
(16th-century Ottoman illustration of the Siyer-i Nebi)

Other times we commemorate the great deeds the Muslims have done for the world

Father of Algebra, Muhammad Ibn Musa Al-Khwarizmi
@Khiva, Uzbekistan

No comments:

Post a Comment